February 10, 2010

...playdough part 2

So here's the dough story continued...
I guess everyone except me has been making playdough from flour and water and food colouring...

... there's a million playdough recipes on the Internet... I got one from my friend Alexandra, and writing it down in english is impossible because of the complicated translation of measurements. So please look here... I made a larger amount though.


I had more colours but kind of liked the idea of starting simple, with red, blue and yellow. I thought that other colours would mix themselves in the process.


..getting ready....table laid, awaiting kid to wake up from naptime...


yes!

see?! orange...green...

... in the mix!
good night.

Hier nochmal das Rezept auf Deutsch:
Material: 400g Mehl, 200g Salz, 2 EL (ca. 11g) Alaun aus der Apotheke, 500 ml Wasser, 3 EL Öl, ein verschließbarer Plastikbehälter. Statt Alaun kann man auch Weinsteinpulver verwenden.
Und so wird es gemacht: Mehl, Salz und Alaunpulver werden in eine Schüssel gegeben und gut miteinander vermischt. Dann bringt man das Wasser zum Kochen, gibt das Öl hinzu und vermengt die Flüssigkeit nach und nach mit der Mehlmasse. Das Ganze wird schließlich so lange geknetet, bis es zu einem geschmeidigen Teig geworden ist (ich empfehle Gummihandschuhe, auch später zum Einfärben des Teigs). Evtl. noch etwas Mehl hinzufügen. Die Knete kann nun je nach Belieben in mehrere Teile aufgeteilt werden und mit ca. 1/2 Tube Lebensmittelfarbe eingefärbt werden. Zusätzlich kann man 1 -2 Tropfen eines ätherischen Öles untermengen, z.B. Zitronen- od. Orangenöl, und erhält einen frischen Duft. Die Knetmasse ist nun luftdicht verschlossen für einige Zeit haltbar.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

such awesome photos with this post. I love them!

cutfinger productions said...

Hey Anne! I love "What to do when there's nothing to do":) Really simple ideas. Love the play dough fun too! Not to mention those colors! My mother always made ours green....????
Also edible:)for us weird kids who had to try it..HA!
We are very bored here. Is there a adult book like this??? ;) One that Doesn't include cleaning or house improvement ideas?? Just teasing! Going ku ku over here...blah winter! xo!

herzensart said...

next time you´re playing with dough please call me and I´ll be there too :)

meyer said...

hi kristen, thank you! I was lucky to take pictures unnoticed... most of time they are blurred because my son comes running to see what's "in" the camera...:)

dear laura, i guess thats why adults have coffee,cause there is no such book....;)love to hear from you!

yes, please sandra, come along and I will make some sweet dough (and even bake it) for you (the colour is up to you:)

underthebigbluesky said...

i love dough posts. we haven't made any in awhile, the girls love making it as much as playing with it. perhaps this weekend......